Thunderbird Café & Music Hall
4053 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Sun-Mon: Closed OR 5pm-close on event nights
There are so many great ways to get to the Thunderbird. Please be aware that the Lawrenceville neighborhood has limited street parking. Whenever possible we encourage everyone to participate to ride sharing, public transportation, and environmentally friendly transportation alternatives. Here are some resources to help you get to and from the show:
- Public parking: 22 metered parking spots are available at 42nd and Butler Street. On-street public parking is also available on Butler Street. The GoMobile App is a great resource for paying for public parking on your phone. (iOS / Android)
- Bus Routes: Lawrenceville is serviced by 8 bus routes, including the 54, 64, 87, 88, 91 and 93 routes, with direct connections to neighborhoods in the East End, Southside, and Northside. To buy tickets and plan your route, download the Transit App (iOS / Android) or visit portauthority.org.
- Uber and Lyft ridesharing services can be found at: https://www.uber.com/global/en/cities/pittsburgh/ and
- Transit App: For those with a smartphone, the Transit App is a useful tool for trip planning. It displays all Spin scooter and Healthy Ride bike locations, provides bus routes and arrival times, and allows users to purchase and scan bus tickets (iOS /Android)
- Healthy Ride (now POGOH): A POGOH station will be located at 42nd and Butler Street. Up to date information about bike availability is at https://pogoh.com/
Where to Stay?
We also encourage you to stay at the Tryp Hotel which is one block from the venue at: 177 40th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
They have valet parking for all guests of the hotel and it’s a short walk to the show. There is a special discount at the hotel for people are seeing a show at the Thunderbird.
To get the discount please click on this link: